The party season is upon us and we have two canapés, fitting for summer and all ages.
A light and summery canapé the grown-ups will be sure to enjoy! Using fresh ingredients while combining tangy, sweet and creamy key note flavours, this is the perfect bite to eat to get the party of the season started.
10 Wonton pastry squares
2 Cups Canola oil
10 Fresh peeled prawns
6 Tbsp. Cup Sour cream
1 Tbsp. Lime juice
½ Cup Whole egg mayonnaise
6 Tbsp. Sweet chilli
Coriander sprigs for garnish
- Heat the canola oil in a deep-dish pan.
- Fry wonton pastry squares until golden brown.
- Meanwhile crush avocado until just mashed, lightly fold in sour cream, add lime juice and season.
- Combine mayonnaise and sweet chili.
- To assemble, arrange fried wonton squares, add a dollop of the avocado mixture, prawn, drizzle dressing and garnish with coriander sprigs
This canapé is perfect for the little ones. It’s fun, tasty and a sweet addition to any kids party. The best thing about these is they can be cut into different shapes and sizes. I like these in bite-sized square pieces with a drizzle of chocolate and dusting of coconut.
2 Cups pink and white marshmallows
80g Unsalted butter
1 Cup Roughly chopped marshmallows
6 Cups Rice puffs
½ Cup Craisins
½ Cup Flaked almonds
½ Cup Dark chocolate
32g Unsalted butter
4Og Desiccated coconut
- Melt 2 cups of marshmallows and 80g butter in a saucepan.
- Stir in melted marshmallow mixture, rice puffs, craisins and flaked almonds and chopped marshmallows.
- Press mixture into a lined square cake tin and refrigerate for 3 hours.
- Remove the bar from cake tin and cut into bite sized squares.
- Melt dark chocolate and 20g butter a bain-marie, before adding into a piping bag.
- Drizzle melted chocolate over cut bars and dust with desiccated coconut.